National Advocacy (USA):
- National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA) is the only national membership association of cooperative businesses across all sectors.
- Cooperatives for a Better World is focused on amplifying cooperative awareness via better education and stories from the co-op community.
- US Federation of Worker Co-ops is the national membership organization for worker cooperatives.
- Platform Co-op Consortium is a community focused on advancing cooperative tech platforms owned by their users and workers.
- CLUSA is the global development arm of NCBA, providing cooperative development work and “technical assistance” in multiple countries.
- International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) is the global co-op membership association representing co-op associations and developers in every sector, across countries.
National Co-op Development & Technical Assistance:
- Cooperation Works Network is a network of cooperative developers. If you are looking to get started, look to see if you have a cooperative developer near you (search under start ups).
- Democracy At Work Institute (DAWI) is a national organization dedicated to advancing worker cooperatives. DAWI provides consulting, research, and training, check out their resources page.
- Columinate is a worker owned consulting group that offer co-ops, and co-ops in planning, skills, consulting and expertise on a variety of topics
- The ICA Group is a consulting and research non-profit that offers technical assistance, business planning and feasibility studies.
- Food Co-op Initiative is only for food co-op development but they do a great job.
- Project Equity is a non profit focused on helping convert existing businesses to worker ownership.
Regional Co-op Development & Technical Assistance: (East to West)
- Cooperative Development Institute (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY & NJ)
- Vermont Employee Ownership Center (VT)
- Keystone Development Center (PA)
- Carolina Common Enterprise (NC)
- Indiana Cooperative Development Center (IN)
- Kentucky Center for Agriculture and Rural Development (KY)
- University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives (WI)
- Illinois Cooperative Development Center (IL)
- Mississippi Association of Cooperatives (MS)
- Cooperative Development Services (MN, MI, WI, IA, ID, SD, ND +)
- Latino Economic Development Center (MN)
- Nebraska Cooperative Development Center (NE)
- Texas Rural Cooperative Center(TX)
- Rocky Mountain Farmers Union (CO)
- Cooperative Catalyst of New Mexico (NM)
- Montana Cooperative Development Center (MT)
- Lake County Community Development Corporation (MT)
- Northwest Cooperative Development Center (ID, OR, WA)
- California Center for Cooperative Development (CA)
- Alaska Cooperative Development Program (AK)
- Shared Capital is a loan fund that provides financing for cooperatives across a wide variety of sectors.
- Local Enterprise Assistance Fund (LEAF) is a loan fund that provides financing with a primary focus on food, housing and worker ownership.
- Working World is a loan fund that provides financing primarily to worker owned and employee focused cooperatives.
- Seed Commons is a national network of geographically focused loan funds (including the Working World) mostly focused on worker ownership.
- Cooperative Fund of New England (CFNE) is a loan fund that provides financing for many cooperatives across the New England states.
General business startup resources, outside the co-op realm:
- Business Model Canvas
- Lean Startup
- Lean Canvas (a mashup of the business model canvas and lean start-up)
- Value Proposition Canvas
- The Happy Canvas